and Diane Tasca
Eight 10 Minute Plays
Members of the Pear Playwrights Group
Paul Braverman, Doug Brook, Helena G. Clarkson, Leah Halper, Margy Kahn, Megan Ma, Elyce Melmon, and Ross Peter Nelson
Maria GiereShelley Lynn Johnson
Bill C. Jones
*Member, Actors Equity
- Timelines tangle as visitors from The Future invade a bedroom and push the re-set button on a couple's missed opportunity . . . to procreate. – Paul Braverman, Out of Time
- A man and a woman run the gamut of a relationship in ten minutes, performing a courtship dance that might have been choreographed by Samuel Beckett.– Helena G. Clarkson, As Is (No Warranty)
- Two lifelong friends--one too busy to appreciate life, the other with too little time left--rediscover the ties that bind them, and forge new ones – Megan Ma, Foreign Bodies
- A creature from Scottish legends crawls out onto California's rocky coast: Half-man, half-seal, and looking for Love, the Selkie encounters an aging flower child and uptight female park ranger. --Margy Kahn, The Selkie
- A Jewish mother and daughter find temporary sanctuary from the Nazis in a Catholic church in Italy. A friendly priest offers them longterm protection, but they must assume the identity of Catholic nuns. – Elyce Melmon, The Veiling
- A homeless, wheel-chair-bound Vietnam vet helps a woman find the name of the father she never met in Portland's Vietnam Memorial. – Leah Halper, Eye Level Eye
- A young woman returns from Italy with a surprising announcement for her parents: She had found God in the person of a polite young man whom she met on the sidewalk in Rome. – Doug Brook, Finding God
- Two peace activists are stuck for ideas about political theatre. So they cross the River Styx to seek advice from the master--the Greek playwright Aristophanes. –Ross Peter Nelson, The Return of The Frogs
Pear Slices 2010 previews on Thursday, February 11, opens Friday, February 12, and closes on Sunday, February 28. Performances are Thursdays thru Saturdays at 8pm, and Sundays at 2pm; there is also a 2pm Saturday matinee on February 27.
Location: the Pear Avenue Theatre, 1220 Pear Avenue , Mountain View , CA 94043 .
Tickets: Thursdays & Sundays: $20 General / $15 Students + Seniors; Fridays & Saturdays: $25/$20; opening-night gala: $30/$25.
Reservations: 650-254-1148 or www.thepear.org. For credit card orders, call Brown Paper Tickets at 1-800-838-3006..